Thursday, July 7, 2011

Ghosts are Real, just ask the kids!

This may be a little off topic, or maybe not, but I have been thinking lately about my youth. I have done thinking since me and my family have a scary movie night every Saturday night about the fact that my kids don't scare easily. They have been watching scary movies since they were babies. Overall tho, they do not have nightmares, no night terrors either. They do not rush to sleep in our bed after watching a scary movie. Each one of them has a favorite tho. Each one of them also has a movie that scares them also.

Now back to my childhood. My mother didn't shelter me from scary movies either. As a matter of fact on Friday the 13th we would celebrate that as a holiday watching scary movies all day and night.I rarely had any nightmares, and to this day I still do that with my own kids, and we enjoy it very much. Now thinking back, remembering I recall what was the movie that scared me so much when I was a child, sent chills up my spine, and I still get tingly when I hear the song.
POLTERGUEST

I still love that movie, and around Halloween when they try playing all that scary music, and that song comes on.... it still sends a little tingle down my spine. I seen spirits, and I still do. In a way I could relate. None of my relatives got eaten by a tree and a vortex did not appear in my room. But the fuzzy tv when I was young. I would watch it and see things moving around, like it was talking to me. I did that before I seen the movie, and of course afterwards. I wasn't afraid of the spirits I seen because it was just part of life. My mom didn't discourage it, because she let my imagination run free, she didn't always believe what I said I seen, but on occasions she did. I told her about my grandfathers funeral, how I was there, I was running around, and she agreed with me, because I described it to a tee, even tho I wasn't born until a couple of years after my grandfather died.

Scary movies are great, and I believe kids can handle them if you just watch with them, and let them know the difference between real life and what is not real. Altho ghosts are real. They are around us even when we don't realize they are. Passing on doesn't mean gone, and energy doesn't die. When my kids ask if ghosts are real, I ask them if they believe we live on somehow after we die. The answer being yes, well then yes, they are as real as you and me. They are like you and me, just without the bodies. Yea we see them with bodies, or as lights, or as a dream where they speak to us. They are real. Never doubt that, but a majority they are not here to scare us.Most of the time they would just like to tell us something.

If your child ever sees something and you just cannot explain it, sometimes there just may be something to it. Listen to your children, and let them know you believe them. If they are afraid then comfort them and let them know there isn't anything to be afraid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment